Welcome to the International Theological Seminary (ITS) Library!
The ITS library collections consist of books (English, Chinese, Korean, etc.), periodicals, cassette tapes, CDs, and Videotapes. At present, more than 36,000 titles of books are cataloged and classified using the Library of Congress (LC) Classification system. Besides that, there are Chinese collections and Korean collections that are located on the open shelves. International Theological Seminary is a member of the American Theological Library Association (ATLA) and Southern California Area Theological Library Association (SCATLA) Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) and an affiliate member of Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium (SCELC).
- Book search is made through the use of OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog).
- Search can be by author, title, keyword, or subject in bib-base, on our computer catalog
- Periodicals are arranged alphabetically by title in the periodical department.
- Back issues are located in storage. (Ask the librarian).
Checking Out Materials
- Valid library card is required to check out/ renew books.
- Maximum number of items is 10 books for current students and 5 books for non-current students.
- Circulations books may be checked out for three weeks and may be renewed once unless there is a no-hold restriction on the material.
- Any overdue fine on checked out material must be paid before the item can be renewed.
- Videotapes may be checked out (maximum of 2 copies) for two days. Overdue charge is $1.00/tape/day. Overdue period in excess of one month is considered as lost. Lost video material will incur $50 replacement charge.
- Audio tapes may be checked out (maximum of 1 set) for one week. Overdue period in excess of one month is considered as lost. Lost video material will incur $50 replacement charge.
- CD may be checked out (maximum of 2 copies) for two days. Overdue charge is $1.00/CD/day. Overdue period in excess of one month is considered as lost. Lost video material will incur $50 replacement charge.
Overdue, Fines and Lost Materials
- Fines: overdue books are charged at $0.25/book per day to the maximum replacement cost of books. Overdue reference or reserved books are charged at $0.25/book PER HOUR to the maximum replacement cost of books.
- Lost book/s must be replaced with the same or similar materials, plus charge of $30.00 per soft cover item or $50 per hard cover item.
- Three-months overdue is considered as lost.
- Past due item(s) or unpaid fines in excess of one month will result in the revocation of borrowing privileges until the issue is resolved.
Reference Books, Reserved Books and Periodicals are strictly for on-site use only, and not to be taken out of the library. However, special arrangement can be made for some materials to be checked out overnight (to be returned the next morning by 9:50).
- Silence should be observed and the premise maintained clean at all time.
- Library items for on-site use (not to be checked out) should be left on the desk or in the assigned bookcase for reshelving purposes.
- No food or drink is allowed inside the library.
- No lying down to sleep on the sofa/ chairs.
Reference Desk: Ask (or call 626-448-0023 Ext 106) librarian for help in finding information or using the library’s resources.
- Computer lab is for any student who needs a word processing and Internet access.
- Regarding the use of computer for completing paper work, knowing how to use program is mandatory. However, students can find assistance for computer technology from students who are on duty in the lab.Students should bring virus free diskette, thumb drive or CD to save own work. Students are not allowed to alter any programs/settings; any attempt to do so will result in the loss of his/her right to use computer.
- Use Internet discriminatively. Do not access inappropriate websites that violate school ethics. Violators will be reported to school officers for proper sanction.
HOLD REQUEST: The circulation desk staff can put a hold on any circulating book except for reserve materials. You will be contacted when the book is available for check out.
Printer or Copier: Printouts are available from the black and white laser printer for 5 cents per page. Copying is allowed only on one side, not on both sides. Each page of copying is 5 cents. All pages must be paid for, even if a copy was made by mistake.
SCATLA: Theological Library Catalogs in Southern California: Inquire at ITS Library Desk to apply for the required form and for more policy details.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL): Please check with library staff for details.
|ATLA Serials for Alum|
|ATLARDB + ATLAS database|
|RIM(Research in ministry)|
|TREN(Theological Research Exchange Network)|
|한국어 학술 자료 Korean Scholarly Database|